Pedal Power Mission
Our mission is to repair used and broken bicycles and then donate them to refugee groups, community service groups, the YMCA, Americana apartments, homeless groups and many other organizations helping those in need. All types and sizes are needed, both adults and kids. Bikes can be dropped off behind the church any time of day, or can be picked up. Call the church office, 896-1161 for details.
Ways to get involved
- Serve on the repair team. This requires limited understanding of bicycle components along with minimal repair skills along with an interest to learn more about bicycle maintenance and a willingness to serve.
- Serve on the bicycle transportation team. Pedal Power usually picks up bicycles, brings them to Beargrass for repair and then delivers them to refugee families. While almost any vehicle can be used for this purpose, access to an SUV or small pickup truck or trailer is most helpful.
- Serve on the social media team. To spread the Pedal Power message in our community we need volunteers with an understanding of social media sources and the ability to communicate and navigate within and through these sources.
- The Pedal Power repair team meets weekly on Wednesday afternoons between 3:00 and 5:00 and on the first Saturday morning of each month.
- Bicycle pick-up and delivery is as needed.
Pedal Power Repair Headquarters Beargrass Garage
Southeast corner of Beargrass Church property.
Look for the banner…”Bicycles for Refugees, Donate Here”.